Monday, September 24, 2012

don't say it - it's a misquote.

Briefly in Casablanca - mainly to break up a long journey from Fez to a beach town called Essaouira on the south-west coast.

It was a hot 4 hour train ride from Fez (which has one of the nicest railway stations I've seen in a long time!)


fez station

Arriving in Casablanca I immediately set off after checking into my hotel to walk to the Hassan II mosque on the sea front. It is the second largest mosque in the world - the largest being in Saudi Arabia I believe.

There are remnants of French influence in the crumbling architecture as well as in the numerous patisseries and boulangeries.

Walking back to my hotel I was also able to meander through the Medina.

Below are a selection of photos and details from the mosque.























No comments: